Saturday, November 3, 2018

The Blog is Back! (and so is the Fair!)

The very first post I made on this blog was March 2nd of 2010. The last time I posted was Nov. 18th 2013, so I kept it up for 3 1/2 years. It's been almost 5 years since I updated anything. 

Somehow, last night, I was looking at saved links and came across this blog and started reading old posts and looking at pictures and videos of the kids. Reading my descriptions and commentary along with the visuals drew up memories I had forgotten. During the time I was actively posting here, I had an infant and a toddler, so those years are pretty much a blur and I would never have remembered some of those days if I hadn't written about them here. 

I'm starting this blog back for me, so that I can come back and remember this time in our lives as our kids turn in to tweens (some days their attitudes make me think they are already there) and teenagers. They are growing up unbelievably fast! 

I'm sad I missed the past 5 years, so I may do some 'throwback' posts of some of the things I missed. 

So, without further ado, here the first post in 5 years!


________________________



The Pensacola Interstate fair is back! It comes back every year in the fall. 

We have learned a thing or two over the past 5 years. This time we let each of the kids bring a friend with them. This way, they have someone to ride the rides with them and Drew and I can just sit back and watch ;)

The boys are old enough now that they ran around and did rides on their own. Jackson kept her Gizmo Gadget (watch) on so we could call him and check in. So most of the pictures are just of the girls except for the few times we ran into the boys. 

Here we are all loaded up and ready to go! Aubrie brought her friend Kendall, and Jackson brought Chase. 


This was the girls favorite ride, they came back and did it multiple times. It played really loud music and spurn around, then stopped and spun around backwards! 


The Ferris Wheel was the ride they were looking forward to the most, but I think it ended up being the scariest for them. The ride stopped when they were at the very top to let on more passengers and they were afraid they were stuck. HA!

I love their expression in this picture. They were about to go on a haunted house ride. They said they kept their eyes closed the whole time. LOL

We ran into the boys at one of the Fun Houses so I was able to get some pictures of them too. 




The ride went SO fast, my camera couldn't even get a good picture. 


I walked away for 2 seconds and guest what game Drew lets them play?? Yes, the game where you win gold fish! ugh!


We ended up with 5 fish. We kept 3 and Chase took 2 home. (Don't worry, the first thing I did the next morning was call and apologize to his mom). The kids were really excited about the fish, so we went to Walmart and got a little tank and decorations. It is now exactly a week later and I'm happy to report (shhh...don't tell the kids I said that) all of the fish have already passed away.

The kids still have a really cool tank, maybe I'll get them one of those battery powered fish for Christmas???


*You can follow the blog if you want to receive an email every-time I post. Since I now work full time I probably won't be updating as much as I use too, but I'm going to try!*


No comments:

Post a Comment